Saturday 11 May 2013

How I Became a MOM


Late last year, I had registered a blog specifically to share my moments with my little darling. I had published a couple of posts too in that blog. Due to some family pressures and commitments I could not continue writing posts. After things got settled last month, I launched this new blogger website to get back to writing not just about my little one alone, but about everything that’s going on in my mind. I wish and hope to continue writing this time, as far as it can take me. Anyway, there was a post in my earlier blog AryaaAndMe wherein I have shared the story of my motherhood. You guessed it right!..My little darling's name is Aryaa. On this mother’s day 2013, I want to share it in this blog.

So here it is.

It was only after 2 years of our marriage in 2002, did we even talk about having a child. We were practically living and enjoying our life in our own way, without any major responsibilities. It took another couple of years for us to decide that we were ready to become parents. But God had different plans. All our effort at becoming parents went in vain for next 2 years. When we completed six successful years of marriage, we decided to get ourselves tested. The gynecologists used our desperateness to conceive and  I had to undergo a couple of laproscopy treatments. Time just passed, with no result but people suggesting new doctors every time and various other methods of conception. Every time, my period got delayed, even a day or two, I used to look for those two pink lines in the test kit eagerly. When the second pink line did not appear, I have cried in silence in the bathroom. I was deeply wounded by comments from some people including friends. Most people could not understand, what we were going through.

Finally, in the month of April 2009, we met a very polite and blessed doctor couple who reassured us that there are no major problems and with a couple of medications, we will definitely conceive naturally. By God's grace, by September end of that same year, I missed my periods and yes, the long wait for those two pink lines were finally over. God! I still remember those moments, it was 7.30 pm in the evening on 30 September 2009, that I spoke to the doctor over the phone informing her about the pink lines and that she told me to get it confirmed from the lab early next morning before sharing it with others. Both of us couldn't sleep. Finally, when the lab results came in the morning by 8.30 am, we had the whole family on the conference line and announced the HAPPIEST NEWS. 

We were overwhelmed with joy, also a bit afraid since the moment has finally come. All the poojas and prayers and the temple visits finally paid off. But I had a bit of difficulty in the 3rd month when the cyst in my right ovary got big and twisted. The doctors had to remove the ovary to save the baby and me. But I was so scared about what would happen to the baby if they have to give me anesthesia and medications. I remember crying in teh OT and the anesthetist told me " Look here, If you baby is a strong baby, it will survive everything.". sometimes, I still hear her voice. May be because those were the last words, I could hear, before drifting of to sleep when I underwent about 4-5 hrs of surgery with my little baby in the womb. Thank God! My baby survived everything and arrived grand on May 19 2010. We named him Aryaa on June 3rd.

Ever since his arrival, I have started celebrating motherhood everyday. Yes, there were times, when I miss my "days before Aryaa". I have even thought of running away from everything, when we had to handle him all alone right from his first month.  But God has blessed me with a very supportive husband. We were able to scrape through all the unpleasant times. Even though, it was hard to adopt to the breast feeding, soiled nappies, sudden tantrums, my health issues etc., with only 3-4 hrs of sleep a day, I sailed through it day by day, one at a time. 

I may not be the "Ideal Mom" and my way of bringing him up and my parenting techniques may not appeal well to others or even raise their eyebrows at times. But deep down my heart, I know that I am doing what is best for my son. I may not jump and help him every time when he falls flat, but I and I only know that my heart misses a beat at that time. I get scared, whenever I see media discussing a crime related to kids. I feel happy when he rushes into my arm every time, even when his papa is around. I enjoy his dance moves and the songs that he make up. I feel proud whenever he is complimented by others. I pretend to fall prey for his naughty tricks. I freak out, when he throws tantrums but I am happy to hear him talk like a grown up. HE COMPLETES ME.

We are blessed to have him as our son and he has brought calm and peace and fulfillment into our lives and changed me into a respectable personality. Above all, he has made me A MOTHER. What else could I ask for!! 

HAPPY MOTHER"S DAY :)

The link to the same post on my earlier blog – http://aryaaandme.blogspot.in/2012/11/i-celebrate-my-motherhood.html





No comments: